Monday 23 May 2011

What did I do this weekend? I went to a strip club.

That answer provided endless amusement to my co-workers this morning. I’m not a strip-club sort of person. I barely even manage non-naked-girly-show-clubs these days. I gave it up sometime between the ages of 20 and 21. However, a friend wanted to go to a strip club and get a lap dance for her birthday so off we dutifully went to watch the naked girls.

As an experience, I didn’t mind it. It wasn’t anything like as bad as I thought it would be. I had a very dirty, grimy image in my head; unattractive women with dead eyes and disgusting drooling men in baggy leather jackets. But the girls were quite attractive and almost none of them had fake breasts. A lot of the men were skeezy, or the obligatory bucks parties and hoisting uncomfortable looking grooms into compromising positions. For me the best parts of the whole night were when the girls did some proper pole dancing; and very athletic they were too. Swinging around, twisting and performing impressive feats with their thigh muscles, it was all very entertaining and I wanted to see more. It was a shame the entertainment fell apart the moment someone gave them money because then all they did was get naked.Very quickly.

I sat next to plus one for most of it and I think I was a lot more comfortable than he was. He had been very reluctant to go and his overall assessment of the night was that the beer had been too expensive and the whole experience ‘not at all sexy’.

Ironically, the prevailing mood of the party was boredom. Post-show discussions said there should have been more costume variety, there wasn’t enough of the quality pole dancing and the house wines were awful.

There are no photos to accompany this blog for very obvious reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...