Friday 2 March 2012

Richard Siken: Poetic Genius

Hopefully this isn't too heavy for a Friday lunchtime, but really, when is the time for excellent poetry, if not Friday lunchtime?

I...can't actually remember when I first read Richard Siken. Hmmm. I don't read poetry a whole lot, so I'm not sure where I first encountered his work. I know the first poem of his I read was Scheherazade, after which I ordered a copy of Crush as soon as I could find it. There's just something about his imagery that I really like.

Anyway, this post was brought to you by http://richardsikendaily.tumblr.com/, where you can find quotes and images from and inspired by his poetry. So, go have a look if you're in the mood for some stuff like this:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...