Thursday 20 September 2012

September project day 8ish: The Burrow

Stepping into The Burrow, the first thing I noticed was how good the place smelt. Of pizza and breakfast and fresh fruit and every good thing. I wasn’t even particularly hungry at the time but I immediately wanted to sit down and scoff something. 


I hadn’t tried The Burrow before now because they don’t open until 8:30am Monday – Thursday, which is was past my coffee-on-the-way-to-work time and because parking on Mollison street is damn hard to get. Turns out, they have parking behind the café! No excuse not to go for lunchtime pizza. Which I will do. Soon. Because the pizza menu for $10 a pizza looked scrumptious!


I got two take away coffees. The barista suggested that if I hadn’t tasted their coffee as yet I should have the house blend rather than the single-source Guatemalan that they had in stock. The latte was good, not very hot, and strong. Packed a real punch.   

Aside from that, the baristas were both nice, it was a relaxing place to be and it looked like it had comfortable regular clientele who like the place enough to go often and stay long. Always a good sign.

Regular soy latte: $3.80, that’s with 30c extra for soy
Smell: delectable
Parking: yes!
Inside décor: indie-café but nifty and nice and with lots of seats
Caffeine hit: much needed

The Burrow on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...